LinkedIn Marketing Tips for Chiropractors – 2015 guide
According to Guy Kawasaki description – LinkedIn is a social network where people are trying to pimp their profiles to other people . In general I agree with this adoptive term by this Social Media guru. However, LinkedIn has a lot more to offer than just pimping your ideas and sales pitches to other people. I personally have been on this professional network since the very beginning – yes, there were hardly any people on it. It was disorganized and most had no idea how to use it properly.
Moving forward to 2015 LinkedIn network has evolved and it has a lot more to offer to a small business owner such as chiropractor, acupuncturist, dentist or any other medical related professional.
Indeed, having an extensive profile with a great head shot photo, website, great endorsements from other LinkedIn members as well as reviews from happy chiropractic patients who are also LinkedIn members making it a killer profile. The more information chiropractor has on its profile the better search results will populate with your name when someone is looking for a chiropractor with a great profile. However, this post is not about how to set up and optimize your linked in profile, this post is about how to promote your services to other businesses and individuals. A recent Wall Street Journal study indicates that 41% of small businesses feel that LinkedIn provides them the most potential to generate business.
Below Are Some Tips and Tricks for Your Chiropractic Practice and How to Make It Shine on LinkedIn Network
1. Create A LinkedIn Chiropractic Business Page. As of 2013, LinkedIn had over 3 million pages of small, medium and large size companies which were promoting their content and interacting with their future costumers or patients on this network. In addition to maintaining an All-star personal page, you need a LinkedIn company page to amplify your brand to distributors, association members, customers and others. Your LinkedIn Chiropractic Company Page let’s you shine with your blog posts and allows you to bring traffic to your main site. More traffic to your main site means better Google Search ranking which allows others to see your content on a first page of Google. If they like what they see they will pick up a phone and call your chiropractic office. Setting up LinkedIn page will cost absolutely nothing but will require time and commitment on your behalf. Good quality content SEO optimized is the key. That brings us to the next topic.
2. If you are new to a Chiropractic profession and thirsty for new clients then run Your Personal And Small Business Chiropractic Company Page As A PPC (pay per click) or SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Campaign. If your chiropractic marketing strategy does not include a search engine optimization component, then it must – ensuring you are there when your customers are Googling you. If you are in a dark on this one – go to CONTACT me tab and send me an email. There are over 1 billion annual searches on LinkedIn and 87% of purchases start with a search engine. So, by running your personal and LinkedIn Chiropractic company page and personal profile as a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign, you can increase your company’s and content ‘findability.’ Include keywords in your headline, summary, anchored text, job descriptions and endorsements to be found on Google and LinkedIn searches.
3. Find And Participate In A LinkedIn Group With Other Local Businesses other than chiropractic. LinkedIn reports the average user joins 7 LinkedIn Groups, so your customers, influencers and competitors are using this LinkedIn community. Over 70% of customers use groups to research, network and buying decisions. Become a known expert in a chiropractic field by answering the questions and referring for the information to your blog. Participate in a non-promotional way, in 3-5 groups to network with other business owners, distributors and press. Eventually they will become your clients. Everyone need s a chiropractor sooner or later. And with the latest trend of people getting tired of taking pills which do not work most of the time your success will become even easier. Chiropractic filed is not an alternative medicine anymore. When people have neck or back pain or any other joint pain the first thing they do, looking on a wed for a local chiropractor.
4. Blog, Blog and Blog and distribute your content on LinkedIn. Technorati reports that 31% of customers are influenced by blog posts. Sending a traffic back to your blog will eventually convert some of these people into your future Chiropractic patients. So, it makes sense for every small business to post articles on their blog. Use LinkedIn as a distribution channel as well as other social media channels. Chiropractic Blog is your content networking tool also know as inbound marketing and will help to build your credibility and increase your business’ message’s reach when others share it to their network.
5. Secure LinkedIn Endorsements. Dimensional Research reports that positive endorsements, like those on Yelp and Google Local Pages, influence a purchase decision 88% of the time. LinkedIn endorsements are like Yelp and Google Local Page review for your chiropractic business and you and your employees can use these personal endorsements to build your small business’ reputation.
6. Secure LinkedIn Recommendations. 86% of US consumers are influenced by recommendations. With over 1 billion annual recommendations, you and your chiropractic business need to be a part of this ‘word of mouth’ online marketing strategy. People do not ask their friends, relatives, neighbors or co workers which chiropractor to see. All of this information is available online. Anyone with few clicks can pick the best local chiropractic profile online and become their patients. Since these recommendations are like referrals, you need to get as many as possible to make a difference with customers.
7. Showcase Your Work In Video or Slideshare. Youtube is the second largest search engine after Google. Shooting video and posting it on your Youtube Channel cost you nothing today. You do not even have to buy a special equipment. Your mobile phone has a very powerful video camera with high resolution lens. You can edit your recorded video with a dozen of free apps that available for Iphone or Droid devices. With the same smart phone you can upload edited video to your Youtube Channel. Make sure that title, tags and descriptions are optimized for better search results. The same thing applies to Slideshare. I personally like to use video. They are easier to produce and less time consuming
8. Send 6-8 Daily Status Updates. LinkedIn is not the place to be posting coupons for your chiropractic office. The social contract to which you should subscribe is to use LinkedIn to develop your positioning. Send at least 6 daily messages spread across 6AM to 12AM to increase your company’s exposure to your followers. The best way to do so is to use Hootsuite.com. This paltform allows you to schedule your posts evenly through out a day. You can set it up a night before the next working day. You can have up to 3 social media networks for FREE. Paid version allows you to have 50 social media profiles and it is only $9.99 a month. I choose a paid version as it also allows to view analytics on your campaigns.
9. Shine Up Your LinkedIn Curbside Appeal. 49.5% of LinkedIn profiles are not completed, which means they will not show up in a LinkedIn search.Just like selling a home, you cannot sell your small business’ credibility and products and services unless you work on its social media curbside appeal. Audit and tune-up your profile to see immediate and measurable results. There are plenty of video tutorials on Youtube channel on how to optimize and complete your LinkedIn profile
Do you have a LinkedIn success story to share for your chiropractic practice? If so, please leave a comment and let’s keep this conversation going.