ContentFriends+Me automatically shares chiropractic content from Google+ to other social networks.
Friends+Me will help you to save a lot of time dealing with social media. Keep reading!
Every small and mid-sized business owner know that social media presence is a necessity these days. Time does not grow on trees and helpful tool can come in handy. That’s where Friends+Me as a cross-promotion service comes to play with chiropractic practice and content that this practice is associated with.
You can spend all day long on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and so on but it will not matter next day because people tend to forget really fast so the only strategy viable in a long term is consistency and focus. You have to publish new content on a regular basis to multiple social networks and that can be extremely time consuming.
Friends+Me has some excellent configuration options available, but you’ll need to spend some time setting them up. Once that’s done, Friends+Me is a robust way to share your Google+ updates across Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr
In addition to auto-syncing your Google+ content with other social platforms, this tool lets you:
- Connect your established social platforms—Friends+Me supports Twitter; Facebook business pages, groups and personal profiles; LinkedIn profiles, groups and pages; and Tumblr public pages and private blogs.
- Selectively publish—You may not want to publish your content to all social networks, so you can append specific hashtags (discussed a little further down) to indicate which platforms you want to share with.
- Integrate bit.ly tracking links—You can share content using either the Friends+Me web address shortener or you can use bit.ly. Both link shorteners let you track how your audience responds to your linked content. I have discussed the use of bit.ly in a previous article .
- Include Twitter inline images—When you attach a picture to your Google+ update, it’s visible on Twitter as well. Since visual content is a major part of community engagement, definitely try this feature and see how your fans react.
When you launch Friends+Me, you’re asked to connect your Google+ business page or personal account. Then you can connect your other networks. Since we are talking about chiropractic business I suggest to block personal profile. You want as much exposure to your Google Plus Chiropractic Business Page as possible.
What I like about Friends+Me is that you can schedule each platform to share your Google+ updates at different times so you aren’t irritating your fans with the same information all at once. For example, you can schedule LinkedIn updates to go out in the morning while Twitter updates go out in the afternoon.
By default, Friends+Me posts your content to all of the social profiles you connect. However, there may be times when you don’t want to share with a specific platform and you can use specific hashtags.
Friends+Me has several sections to help you make the most of your sharing:
- Timeline—The timeline shows the updates you have recently posted on Google+ that were reposted to a network (e.g., LinkedIn). You can click on each update to bring you to the actual post in Google+.
- Queue—Any items that are in the queue will be published at the time set in the Scheduling section. If you don’t have automatic scheduling enabled via the Scheduling screen, then any new Google+ posts are placed here in the queue. You can either post those immediately or manually set a posting time for each update.
- Scheduling—This section is where you set up your sharing schedule. You can specify that posts be sent to a social network at a specific time interval after the original update is published (e.g., 30 minutes later). You can even set it up so updates are reposted on specific days and times. For example, in the screenshot below, the Google+ updates are scheduled to be reposted to LinkedIn on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at various times during the day.
- Routing—This section lists the Google+ pages or profiles you want to share updates from. So if you only want posts on your personal Google+ profile to be reposted to LinkedIn, you would specify it via the Routing screen. You’ll also see which of your accounts aren’t currently connected to Friends+Me.
Hope this post was helpful and gives one more way to distribute your content to multiple networks with one click of a button and it is also an alternative way to Hootsuite platform.